World Journal of Surgery
Meeting Abstracts from the 1st Congress of the Ambroise Paré International Military Surgery Forum (APIMSF) – 30th Anniversary APIMSF Meeting, Baku, Azerbaijan, May 15-18, 2018
ISSN: 0364-2313 (Print) 1432-2323 (Online)
- The presenting author is expected to be registered and attend the Congress and present his/her oral or poster presentation.
Presentation of abstracts
- The Abstract Scientific Committee will review submitted abstracts and determine whether they are accepted for poster/oral presentation. All selected abstracts will be published.
- If your abstract is accepted for oral presentation or poster, you will be requested to be available for presentation and discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
Guidelines for Poster Display
All posters need to be provided in printed paper versions.
Authors must be pre-registered for the conference by April 30, 2018, in order to display their poster and have their abstract published in the final programme. The poster location will be published in the final programme. Presentation details will be communicate to the submitting author by the end of April.
- Height: 90 sm; Width: 60 sm
- Abstracts selected for Poster Display need to be provided in printed paper versions. There will be no printing services available on site.
- Printed paper posters need to be installed in the poster area on the Day indicated the final programme
- Poster authors are advised to be at their posters during the coffee break and lunch hours to present their poster to visiting audience and answer questions.
Poster display at the conference
- Each poster board is numbered, corresponding with your abstract number. A list will be available onsite with the reference number, poster title and list of authors.
- Fixation: Adhesive Velcro will be provided on site at the Conference Welcome Desk. Push pins, staples etc are NOT allowed.
- Set-up and dismantle: Authors are fully responsible for the set up and dismantling of their poster according to the schedule given.
Oral Abstract Presentation Guidelines
Selected abstract submissions will be presented during Oral Abstract Sessions. A Scientific Overview may be included in an Oral Abstract Session, as appropriate, or a moderator may provide a brief translational summary at the close of a session. A co-moderator will also be on hand to facilitate audience questions.
Oral presenters will be allocated 10 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers with the audience during free presentations and 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q/A in the plenary sessions.
Our experience indicates that up to 10 slides is optimal, allowing 1 minute per slide. You may choose to use more than 10 slides, but please be sure to complete your presentation within the allocated 10 minutes.
The Congress will support MS PowerPoint only. Please ensure that all presentations are in this supported format.
All presenters should bring their slides to the Speaker Ready Room at least 24 hours in advance of their presentation.